Keep yourselves out of the filthy puddle of this world!
(William Dyer, "The Strait Way to Heaven")
"By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God — rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time." Hebrews 11:24-25
Choose suffering — before sinning.
Oh! beloved, there is more evil in the least sin against Christ — than in the greatest suffering for Christ!
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17
1. Our sufferings for Christ are but light.
2. Our sufferings for Christ are short — but for a moment.
3. Christ stands by us in our sufferings.
4. Our sufferings are ordered by the loving Father.
5. Our sufferings shall not hurt our souls.
6. God gives us the best of comforts — in the worst of times.
We have most consolation from God — when we have most tribulation from men!
As our sufferings abound — so our consolations abound.
When the burden is heaviest upon the back — then the peace of conscience is sweetest and greatest within.
Therefore, my dear brethren, keep yourselves out of the filthy puddle of this world, and from the evil of this world! And if you must sin or suffer — choose suffering before sinning!